Saturday, May 26, 2012

Las Trampas Regional Wilderness, CA

I'm lucky to live so close to Las Trampas Regional Wilderness and its 4,636 acres of open space. Once you are there, you really feel like you are far removed from the urban hustle and bustle just a few miles away. There are several entrances to the park, but my favorite is at the end of Bollinger Canyon Road in San Ramon. And my favorite hike is along the stunningly scenic Las Trampas Ridge. 

Luckily for me, the older Z gets, the more he likes to hike, and since I don't hike by myself anymore, he makes a great companion - although he does tend to hike at a much brisker pace than I do; hey, I do have to keep an eye out for photo ops and stop frequently to take advantage of them, right? That slows me down a bit! Now put on your hiking boots and let's go. This one only takes 1.5 hours...







If you go here, be sure to take the Mahogany Trail off of the Las Trampas Ridge Trail. It goes through particularly pretty terrain.

5 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

It looks very much like my neighboring Annadel SP which is about the same size at 5000+ acres. We indeed are fortunate to have such wonderful resources so close by to enjoy.

Unknown said...

A beautiful area.
Costas

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Thanks for taking me along on your hike! Wish I had someplace like this a little closer to where I live. Love that first shot with the fog rolling over the hill and the old gate.

Faye said...

Hi Linnea! Just did a whirlwind scroll through your wonderful travel photos. Will be back later in the week for some serious study. Love your "eye"!

Photo Cache said...

this looks so familiar. i know i've taken some hikes in parks around your area, but i'm not sure this is the same, but the area looks so familiar to me.