Friday, December 12, 2008

Farewell to Autumn

My favorite season, autumn, is winding down, and the start of winter is just a little over a week away. A few weeks ago on one of my walks through the neighborhood, I shot off some photos of my favorite (and not so favorite) trees and bushes which I pass by on a daily basis. They were at the height of their fall colors. Come take a look and say goodbye to autumn...

My all time favorite...Chinese Pistache


Delicate Birch leaves...

Flaming Crepe Myrtles...

Tall grass...

Red Japanese Maple...

Not sure what this is...but the color contrast is stunning...

This is my favorite neighborhood tree...

And its leaves...


Bottlebrush shrub...(Don't really care for them)

Oak tree...

Palms...(I personally think they should be banned except in the tropics)
Do you have a favorite tree in your neighborhood?

No comments: