Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Around Skyline, Anacortes

Skyline, a pleasant and popular neighborhood located in the northwest corner of Fidalgo Island, is very close to my favorite park and the Washington State ferry terminal. I've never seen it with so much snow before, and luckily I arrived just in time to take lots of photos before the snow turned to slush. Take a look...

The main drag leading to Flounder Bay...

The Red Robins were easy to spot...

Old Salts provides all the necessities for arriving and departing sailors - especially booze...

Lots of boats in this part of the island, too...

Here's Flounder Bay draped in snow...





Not too often you see a snowman around here...

Here are some of my favorite older homes...




Looks like we got a few inches of snow this time...

More Robins in search of water...

and a Holly bush in full bloom...
I wonder if I'll ever see Skyline with so much snow again?

2 comments:

chrome3d said...

It almost seems as if the boats were gaught by surprise by the snow and winter. I´m used to boats being lifted away from the sea at winter.

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Did you take these at the same time as the St Juan Islands Sherrif patrol for Today's WW? I've only ever heard of St Juan Islands courtesy of my son's friend who has been there to watch the whales two or three times - quite a trek from here but they thought it was worth it. It looks so pretty from your photos. And I've never seen so many robins in one place - such a lovely picture.