Saturday, November 8, 2008

San Jose State University

Today I ventured south to San Jose State to attend the regional CATESOL conference. The skies were gray and dreary, but the campus was alive and energetic. My day was filled with interesting workshops, reunions with former colleagues, professors, and classmates from long ago, and lots of laughter and reminiscing. The icing on the cake came at the end of the day when we were entertained by writer Andrew Lam, who so eloquently shared his poignant stories of growing up Vietnamese in America. Before I headed off to a fabulous Thai dinner with my former classmates, I took a quick stroll around the campus. Come take a tour...

The ivy tower - minus the ivy...

Interesting brick work with ivy on one of the older buildings...

Palm trees lining one of the courtyards...

Beautiful, colorful tile work...

Statue of Olympian Tommie Smith

More brick work...

Mosaic tile work of Cesar Chavez...

Fallen ginko leaves...

No comments: