Sunday, November 9, 2008

Autumn Colors in San Ramon

Who says autumn is not alive and well in northern California? Our trees, shrubs, and ground covers may not generate quite the explosion of color that you can find in the eastern states, but the colors of fall are at their peak in one special corner of my hometown. No matter what time of year, I always enjoy walking through the lovely landscaped grounds of Bishop Ranch. Early this morning, I made a quick visit with my camera so that I could capture the vivid colors before they disappear for the year. Take a look at our display of autumn...

Crepe Myrtle trees lining a walkway...


Transforming Crepe Myrtle leaves...

Fallen leaves on the steps...

Liquidambar leaves nestled in ivy...

Liquidambar alley...

Colorful ivy on the side of the building...

Ducks resting by the pond...

Majestic Liquidambar...

Perhaps you've been here before...

No comments: