Monday, February 7, 2011

January Views of Arizona

The end of January took me to the beautiful southwest, and who can resist a wintertime visit to the desert - blue skies, cool temperatures, clear air - irresistible - especially when my wonderful relatives invite me, wine and dine me, and show me around.

So here are some scenes from my brief but enjoyable travels in and around the greater Phoenix area...

First stop: The sleepy mining town of Superior...




Next: The bustling mining town of Globe...













Then: Miami - not the tropical one...


















Onward to Chandler, an ever-growing suburban enclave south of Phoenix...


Not to be missed: Downtown Phoenix...







Another interesting destination: Camelback Mountain...


One more must see : The Center for the Arts in Tempe....





...and Tempe Town Lake...



Last but not least on our list: The Musical Instrument Museum in Scottsdale...



Thanks Cuz for showing me such a great time. Can't wait to come back!

Want more? Click HERE for summertime views from Arizona (by way of SoCal).

3 comments:

Chako-chan said...

Gorgeous weather and gorgeous photos. Thank you for sharing them, Linnea!

Grandpa said...

They are indeed beautiful, all of them! The camera is one thing but you are great at taking photos Linnea.

I'm so tempted to visit this place now - would you be my guide? :)

Steph said...

Great photos -- especially the first two towns! Love the clear blue of the sky as a backdrop for the buildings ... enjoyable while I finished my last sips of coffee.