Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ballard & Edmonds, WA

On Saturday, a sunny but very windy and cold day, I had the pleasure of meeting up with fellow blogger Sylvia from over the hill. Sylvia showed me around her beautiful neighborhood in Ballard, a community in northwestern Seattle originally founded by Scandinavian fishermen, and shared some of her favorite photo haunts with me. The sun was out, but boy oh boy did the winds ever blow! I've never seen the Puget Sound so blustery before...

Shilshole Bay Marina from the lookout along Seaview Avenue...


The choppy waters of the Puget Sound and snowcapped Olympic Peninsula...

A windsurfer taking advantage of the day...

The views from Golden Gardens Park...


Back at the Marina...

A statue of Leif Erikson...

Most boats remained safe in their berths...



After Sylvia and I said our goodbyes, I headed over to Edmonds, a charming waterfront community just north of Seattle founded in 1884...

A mural on one of the buildings in town...

The Edmonds fountain/gazebo...

Colorful downtown scenes...






Along the waterfront...


The Kingston Ferry slip...


The ferry making its approach...



Some local artwork and Mt. Baker off in the distance...
The Puget Sound area is spectacular even on a cold windy winter day. (And thanks Sylvia for sharing your favorite spots with me!)

6 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Oh, we got some very similar shots! Yours are terrific! I'm posting some of mine on My World tomorrow! Such a fun day in spite of the unexpected stuff!!! Hope you have a great week, Linnea!

Sylvia

Sylvia K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kay L. Davies said...

Fabulous, Linnea. Super shots. I especially love seeing my old friend Mount Baker. Thanks!
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Bluekat said...

Wonderful images of the Sound and the marina and surrounding areas. Very colorful. Almost looks like summer, but I bet it didn't feel like summer!

Photo Cache said...

that must have been one fun day. lovely pix. so i gather you're still up there?

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Lovely shots of a great day out, I'm sure. I recognise some of the scenery from Sylvia's past blog posts. You certainly had choppy waters. Hope you're enjoying your time out.
Janice. x