Friday, June 4, 2010

Hiking at Bishop Ranch

The weather here in San Ramon the past few days has been rather unseasonably hot and humid, but with the heat come some very interesting and unusual skies. One minute the sky will be filled with an assortment of clouds and the next minute they're all gone leaving behind nothing but heavenly blue skies. Yesterday around sunset I even saw quite a few lenticular clouds hovering over the foothills. (Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me). This morning was another one of those days, so I decided that instead of starting in on painting our office (yuck!), I'd better run up to the top of the ridge at Bishop Ranch Regional Open Space and get some photos while the skies were still putting on a display...The skies were quite photoworthy but so was the scenery alongside the trail...




























The trail is quite steep in some sections, but you can get to the top of the ridge and back in about one hour unless you make frequent stops to admire the views, flowers, and birds!

Click HERE to see what this place is like in November or HERE to see shots from January.

2 comments:

Photo Cache said...

I remember coming here one time and hiking. I thought I'd go visit all the East Bay parks at least once :)

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

What a beautiful set of photos Linnea. The weather is gorgeous and the colours absolutely stunning. I take it your college has ended now for the summer? Our schools still have another six weeks to go. Hope you did eventually get the office painted......?!