Tuesday, September 9, 2008

More Images of our Travels

So, I'm kind of obsessed with photography...especially when I'm on the road. Always have been and always will be...It can be frustrating, though, for my travel companions to have to wait around while I'm shooting off dozens of shots of the same thing, or while I'm waiting for that perfect light or shadow to reveal itself. Then of course, nothing is worse than having to endure my shouts of "wait, stop the car, I gotta get that shot!" So I've learned over the years that it causes a lot less stress on everyone if I just head off on my own to see what I can find worth photographing...

The age of digital cameras has made taking, sharing, and storing photos so much easier, too. Ever since I purchased my first digital camera, a small pocket Canon, my database on my laptop has been growing. Photography really became fun, though, when I bought my Nikon D40, which allows me so many more options than my little point and shoot.  So, my database continues to grow...

Here are some more photos of some of the places we've been to over the past few years... 

Twilight over Fidalgo Island...

Munich and the English Garden...

Typical Bavarian church near Fussen...

Shuttered window in Austria...

Hungarian wheat fields...

Taxco, Mexico...

Prayer cards in Japan...

Elliott's Bar in Danville, California...

San Damiano Retreat, Danville...

Santa Cruz Beach...

Calm waters of the Puget Sound...

Gig Harbor, Washington...

Quiet lake in the California Sierra foothills...

Downtown Phoenix...

Montezuma Castle, Arizona...

On Canadian soil...

Near Whistler, BC...

Vancouver, BC...

Storm approaching the Gulf Islands, BC...

Boating in the Gulf Islands...

Boating in the Gulf Islands...

Big Bay Resort, BC...

Big Bay, BC...

Hawaii...

Sunset near Waikiki...

Hawaiian palm trees...

Surf Central, Waikiki...

Waikiki at dusk...

Sun setting over Lanai...

Hana coastline, Maui...

Lahaina...

Lahaina...

San Francisco Chinatown...

The Empress Hotel, Victoria, BC...

Buchart Gardens, Victoria, BC...

Most famous bridge in the world...

Monterey Bay...

London as the sun sets...

The Big Wheel, London...

Greenwich, England...

No comments: