Saturday, April 21, 2012

Tulip Town, WA

Every year for the entire month of April the Skagit Valley springs alive with tulip mania....thanks to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. Hundreds of thousands of visitors from Washington, British Columbia, and beyond converge on the colorful fields to take in the sights of this lovely flower. You never know exactly when the tulips will begin to fully bloom, but luckily for me, many of the fields were blooming when I happened to be up in the region. 

One of the most popular destinations is Tulip Town where you can stroll through the fields, browse local arts and crafts shows, and savor delicious foods. As for me, all I wanted to do was photograph the flowers! The sky was a bit overcast when I made my visit, but the sun made occasional appearances and showered its warmth upon the vast flowering fields. 

Would you like to tiptoe through the tulips?
Want more information about where I shot these pics? Click HERE.

3 comments:

Lighthousegal said...

What an Awesome place to visit!! Your photos are absolutely wonderful. Tulips are such beautiful flowers and come in such a variety of colors, I love them. I really enjoyed visiting your blog!

My Unfinished Life said...

wat a wonderful place..wat beauty....lovely flowers and lovely pics!!

http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Lovely!!! It's a great place to visit and enjoy beautiful flowers. It was rainy when we visited this place, but it didn't spoil the day. Thanks for commenting on my blog!