Friday, January 13, 2012

Anacortes Revisited

During my recent stay in the PNW, the skies were probably covered with heavy gray clouds more often than not, but the sun did come out in spurts. And when it did, I made sure I took advantage of it. Anacortes, my favorite little corner of the world, is full of stunning natural beauty, and when the rain, fog, or dreary skies relent, it really turns into a photographer's paradise! Come take a look at a few scenes my Nikon and I found on our outings...























Anacortes on Fidalgo Island, also known as the Gateway to the San Juans, really should be one of the places you see before you die!

4 comments:

Keith W said...

Nice pictures! I especially like the tugboat shot, the "Valor. And the picture of the seiner is great too! I gotta visit Anacortes...

Chako-chan said...

Thank you for the beautiful shots! I may find in your photo gallery a perfect shot with yellow and turquoise to go on my kitchen wall.

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Oh your photos are just beautiful. I am so impressed and now am your newest follower.

Jerez Sherry said...

I really enjoyed the mysterious photos, wondering, wondering, wondering, this looks familiar,where's this, oh I have a shot like that, oh madrone, viola I know this place after all! Love it. Fun trip. Thanks!