Friday, June 6, 2008

Munich

We are spending our last few days in Munich before flying home on Monday. Right now we are hanging out at a very noisy and busy hostel next to the main train station. We've been visiting all the sights in the city and have plans to connect with some of my cousins tomorrow. Munich is wonderful. It is full of colorful people, many tourists, music, and lots of beer. The three weeks we have spent in Europe have been more than wunderbar. I couldn't have asked for a better trip. I can't say enough about how terrific it has been to be back in my old stomping ground. We have seen so many beautiful places and visited my relatives and many of my friends (in three different countries, at that). We've seen my old schools, my old house, my hang outs... We've eaten some wonderful German food - although Zach was a little perplexed today when a plate of raw beef appeared in front of him. (Hee, hee. He's never heard of the Bavarian delicacy before. Needless to say, I ended up eating it, and I got him some weisswurst instead). The only thing that has surprised me is how much less connected with wifi Germany, Austria, and Hungry are than places like Japan and even Mexico. Thus, I have not been able to update the blog as often as I would have liked. However, I have taken hundreds of photos and will share some more of them with you later. For now, here are a few images of what we have seen in Munich.

Getting ready for the opening of Sex and the City...


Me in front of the Rathouse waiting for the Glockenspiel to begin...

The city center from the Frauenkirche tower...

Inside the tower...

The intricate facade of the Rathaus...

View from the tower...

Zach trying to decide what kind of beer to order...
More to come later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zach, you just had to try them all.
Uncle Peter